Thursday, May 7, 2009

Flat Stanley's 1st Soccer Experience













Dear Owen,

Today, myself and Flat Stanley are in the country next to Austria called "Germany". Sports are a major part in German life. Twenty-seven million Germans are members of a sports club and an additional twelve million pursue such an activity individually. The most popular sport is "Soccer" and Germany has the largest soccer organization of its kind worldwide, with over 6.3 million members! 

One of their best soccer teams is called "FC Bayern Munich" and they come from the city of Munich. This soccer team is the most successful club in German soccer, having won 21 German titles and 14 cups.

Through my company's sponsorship of this soccer team, I was offered the chance to attend one of their games this last week. I brought along a few friends of mine from Vienna (the city that I live in now) and... of course... Flat Stanley. Below are some images from the game and I've also included a video that you can play to hear the crowd roar! It was a lot of fun! Perhaps we can do that together one day in the future! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment